Friday, April 8, 2011

Realizing

I am so excited for my trip to South Africa! I got my first vaccination yesterday. I have to get my final one next week. After the shot yesterday I realized how close I am to leaving the country for 3 plus weeks.

With this tons of people have been warning, congratulating, and questioning me. My dad has been really cautious. I called to ask him if I had the Hep B shots already. Of course like I thought he had no idea, but then he goes on to say get it anyways and to make sure I get several other shots, the doctor already told me I didn't need to get.

A friend of mine ask a question that made me think. She asked how I think my son will feel about me being gone for so long, in all the excitement I had never really truly thought of that. I mean I know he was going to miss me, but I never thought fully how this is going to effect him. I kind of got sad, but then I realized how this will not only be a learning experience that will benefit me, but him as well.


And hey! There's always skype!

I just feel a bit swamped with the semester coming to an end and preparing for this amazing trip. My biggest concern right now is compiling a list of people I need to bring things back for, and deciding on what to get my host family. Oh and of course getting the work assignments done before our next predeparture meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment